Preparing for the book fair was fun because Joan and Liam were also there. I've always liked doing decorations for parties, so I was glad to blow orange and black balloons, look at all the different Halloween decorations they had and cover a table with orange paper. I had time to talk to Joan and Liam about what I had done in London, because they don't do Visual or Theatre Arts. Joan had to leave early, and after she left Liam and I had to sort out books, putting them in carboard boxes with their titles showing. I especially enjoyed this because I love books so I looked at them and sometimes read their backs and looked at the various covers with Liam. I had to take the train so once our time was over and Liam left, I had to wait a bit. This did not bother me at all, rather I was happy to have some time to look at the books for sale. I didn't buy anything though, but I almost bought one book by Agatha Christie. We don't have it at home, but the cover was torn so I ended up not buying it (I considered it while walking around, but it was not tempting enough).
I think it would have been more nice to help out at the Book Fair on the following day, when there are people, because I saw the pictures in Bridges which looked fun. I never went to the Book Fair before, so I was still happy to see what it looked like (and to get to look at the books without other people in my way), but I want to see the atmosphere during the actual fair, surrounded by people who like books.
I hope I can go next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment