Whew, high school play done and over with. It's always bittersweet when a play ends, because you're happy to not have to go to endless rehearsals anymore, be permanently exhausted and behind on schoolwork. But I also have so much fun during plays, exploring and developing characters, fooling around with my friends when we're not on stage, getting a tingly feeling in my stomach when I go on stage,... It's all part of something that I really enjoy doing, and of course I need to be aware of what I give up for these wonderful experiences, which is mostly precious time. Nevertheless, every play has with it a unique atmosphere and experience that cannot be recreated in another play, and this was true for 'All in the Timing' too. The play I was in, Words Words Words, was challenging for me (as I mentioned previously) because I had to play a monkey. For quite a while I was unsure about my acting, what to do and which choices to make. Luckily, my mother and brother got to see me on opening night, and they extremely enthusiastic! Nothing is better than having a supporting family showering you with compliments after a stressful period of time. And, it was my mother's birthday that day, so I was happy she enjoyed herself. The next day, on closing night, it was my dad's birthday. He had come back from a business trip and was very tired. But my mother made him come to watch the play, and he also said he loved it. My brother and mother even watched a second time! They all said it was the best school performance they had seen since I came to AIS. Seeing them so happy confirms that being part of these plays is rewarding for everyone, and makes me realize one of the main reasons why I am involved in them. To bring joy to my loved ones when they watch me on stage.


No comments:
Post a Comment