The high school play this year is definitely a challenge for me! It is a collection of short scenes and a comedy. There are not many people involved. I am both acting and directing in two different scenes. I have to act as a monkey, which Ms Keller says is completely against my nature because I ten to be reserved and feminine, not wild and beastly. It is also hard to direct because the actors in my scene are Anna, Chuck and Katie (my Theatre class), so because I know them well and get along with them it is difficult to be strict with them. And a director has to be strict! I have to tell them exactly what to do and not to do and I do not like making them feel uncomfortable. Sadly this is inevitable. I know that it is stressing to have an unhappy director, because Ms Keller is my director in the monkey scene.
Because I am in a challenging position in both scenes I learn something new in every rehearsal, which are every week Monday and Thursday from 15.30 to 17.30. A lot of work! But it is worth it, and I really enjoy myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment